Scientific studies on aloe
Aloe vera or sabila is a plant belonging to the family of Asphodelaceae, native to northern Africa. It requires a lot of sun, warm and dry weather, as exists in the south of the Canary Islands, ideal for cultivation.
Aloe juice has been used for centuries for its extraordinary moisturizing, regenerative, nutritious and healing properties. More than 5,000 years ago it was used by the Egyptians for healing purposes.
However, we must wait until 1935 to find the first scientific study on the healing power of Aloe vera that was done by the doctors E. and C. Collins.
In 1959, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) recognized that products containing aloe vera help regeneration of the skin. This was the biggest discovery for the launch of products based on Aloe vera. As a result, since the 70's the Aloe vera industry has not stopped growing.
- Aloe vera: a short review. Amar Surjushe, Resham Vasani, D G Saple. Indian J Dermatol. 2008.
- Characterization of Aloeride, a new high-molecular-weight polysaccharide from Aloe vera with potent immunostimulatory activity. J Agric Food Chem 2001.
- Aloe-emodin Is a New Type of Anticancer Agent with Selective Activity against Neuroectodermal Tumors. Teresa Pecere, M. Vittoria Gazzola, Carla Mucignat et al.
Cancer Res June 1, 2000.
- Hepatotherapeutic Effect of Aloe Vera in Alcohol-induced Hepatic Damage. W.A. Saka, R.E. Akhigbe, O.S. Ishola, et al. 2011.
- Evaluation of the Nutritional and Metabolic Effects of Aloe vera. Meika Foster, Duncan Hunter, and Samir Samman. CRC Press;2011.
- An in vivo and in vitro investigation of the effect of Aloe vera gel ethanolic extract using animal model with diabetic foot ulcer. Mohan Daburkar, Vikram Lohar, Arvind Singh Rathore et al. J Pharm Bioallied Sci. 2014 Jul-Sep;
- El gel de aloe vera: estructura, composición química, procesamiento, actividad biológica e importancia en la industria farmacéutica y alimentaria. R.N. Domínguez-Fernández, I. Arzate-Vázquez, J. J. Chanona-Pérez et al.
- Aloe vera as a Functional Ingredient in Foods. Elena Rodríguez Rodríguez, Jacinto Darias Martín, Carlos Díaz Romero. 2010.
- Effect of aloe cream versus silver sulfadiazine for healing burn wounds in rats. Hosseinimehr SJ, Khorasani G, Azadbakht M, Zamani P, Ghasemi M, Ahmadi A. 2010.
- Effects of Aloe vera Cream on Posthemorrhoidectomy Pain and Wound Healing: Results of a Randomized, Blind, Placebo-Control Study. Fariborz Eshghi, Seyed Jalal Hosseinimehr, Nasrin Rahmani et al.
- Two-Year Study Monitoring Several Physical and Chemical Properties of Field-Grown Aloe barbadensis Miller Leaves. Yin-Tung Wang, Kimberly J. Strong. 1995.
- Estimation of Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) of Active Aloe. Seung Jun Kwack, Kyu Bong Kim, Byung Mu Lee. 2009.
- EVALUATION OF THE EFFICACY OF ATLANTIA ALOE VERA PRODUCTS IN BREAST CANCER PATIENTS WITH RADIOTHERAPYINDUCED RADIODERMATITIS
- Revista Oficial de la Sociedad Española de Enfermería Oncológica. Vol.19- Nº3.Sept 2017